The last few weeks have been extremely enlightening. And for the first time in a long long while, I can say I have clarity in my mind, and peace in my soul.
On Sunday, after church, I took a drive (by myself) out to Saguaro Lake. I have always enjoyed that drive. The scenery, the small mountains, the cacti, the desert. I love when you enter Tonto National Forest, and the scenery goes from flat, to rocky. Its so serene to see the Mesas and all the different rock formations. All of God's creations. I love seeing the hundreds and hundreds of different cacti. From the tall Saguaro, to the small bushel looking ones (I have no idea what their names are).
I love how the scenery instantly changes when you turn off main highway and onto the road that leads you directly to the lake.
If you haven't been there, the lake is more like a reservoir, and is surrounded by canyon rims and cacti. Its incredible. Something you wouldn't ever expect to find in the desert.
Arizona, in fact is more than just a baron, dry, wasteland, as many would think. In fact, it not only has my heart, and is my home, but, it also has so many different kinds of scenery. From cacti (obviously), to Palm Trees, to mountains, to dirt that is so dry it takes a few hours to absorb any water, to snow, to unbearable heat, to orange/lemon/grapefruit/apple trees, to pumpkin patches, to scorpions/rattlesnakes/wild tarantulas (yes, I have seen all of them in person), to black bears, and so many other things one wouldn't expect.
You can drive a few hours north, into the White Mountains, and see pine trees, and even snow. In fact, there are a few ski resorts in the lovely state. We not only have the Grand Canyon, just a few hours away, but also tons of Native American and Hispanic Culture. I simply love it.
When I first moved out here, I was so caught up on building my life out here, that I almost became distracted with everyday life, that I didn't make time to enjoy the awesome nature and blessings around me.
The last few months, I have been able to do that. To open my eyes and to really enjoy the natural wonders and beauty all around me. It has given me some amazing reminders that God in fact, is real and that He did, in fact create this earth and us.
Its such a beautiful thing to know and believe.
I am truly grateful for that knowledge. It gives me peace and joy.
*As you can see, I didn't technically take these particular photos.. the ones I took didn't do any justice and these captured it perfectly :)



No comments:
Post a Comment