My Mumford & Sons guitar pick necklace (not that any of you really care about that.) But, I am very excited about this. I love it!
Today has been such a good day! Well, this whole week has been a great one! I was stressed/frazzled at the beginning of it. But, things have calmed down now. I am preparing for my future. Well, the future months that lie ahead anyway. I am so excited about all the new opportunities that await. I feel as though my eyes have been opened.
Work, is AMAZING. It's so fast paced. I seem to thrive off of the energy in our salon. We are now at our NEW location and I LOVE IT!!! I feel a rush every time I am there! We have new clients coming in every single day and I find myself there more than I am anywhere else. I LOVE IT!! One really neat thing about Rio is all of us girls are really like a family. It's so nice to be surrounded by wonderful people everyday. We have all grown together and been through so much. We've seen each others lives evolve. From new relationships to break ups, to health problems, to baby births and weddings. We have ALL been there for each other. It's literally like working with sisters everyday. I don't think any of us have ever had any problems with each other, its amazing, and rare. That was my one fear about starting in a salon, I was afraid of cattiness and drama. It's so nice, because you don't find that at Rio.
Here are some pics of the new place!! They were taken from a cellphone so they aren't a very good quality, but they still look great.

This is what you see from the doorway

The Lady Painting!! My favorite part!

The waiting area

The Front Desk
Today, I paid off a credit card that I had been trying to pay off for a long time. I felt so relieved and empowered. For a while, (because I was so sick) I wasn't working very much at all, maybe one day every other week. So obviously my income was next to nothing. But, I know that the Lord has blessed me, he has helped my business grow so much, especially in the last 3 weeks. It's amazing. I know I wouldn't be where I am without him. I thank him every single day.
Change of subject...I have been reading this awesome book. It is called "Half Broke Horses" by Jeannette Wells. It's a Memoir she wrote about her grandmother Lily Casey, who grew up during the Depression. Let me just say, Lily Casey is so inspiring. She did so much in her life. She grew up in Arizona and broke wild horses, which basically means she trained wild horse so they could be ridden. Eventually, Lily had the opportunity to attend school for a short time, and began teaching. She also faced her own trials with the death of her sister and losing her job. Lily eventually gets married and has a few kids. She learns how to drive a car (which in the 1900's is a big deal) AND she even flies an airplane!! (how cool is that?!) Speaking of airplanes. The other day I was at lunch with my old friend Christina. I was telling her about this show I have been watching (a few of you have heard me talk about it) called "Flying Wild Alaska", it's basically about pilots. I was telling her how I think it would be so cool to fly an airplane. Well, later that day I said it has a random thought to my friend/boss Sonia. "Go For IT!" she said enthusiastically. "I think you should make your dreams happen" So, I researched it. And I am proud to say, that I am going to take flying lessons.
This is not a joke, I know it seems like a very random thing. But, I am very excited about this. I talked to my Uncle Troy, he also has taken lessons. And my Uncle Phil was a professional Sky Diver for a long time, so they both know pilots and flight instructors. I've decided that once I finish paying off the small amount of debt I have left, I am going to take lessons.
To get a Private Pilot License (which means I can fly anywhere with family and friends.. I can fly above 10,000 feet in the air) I would need 40 hours of airtime. 20 of them would be with an instructor. And 10 would be on my own. Yes, that is 30 hours. Well, they didn't say what the other 10 hours are.
So, If you guys have dreams, and goals, and ideas that seem far fetched (kind of like mine) Don't let people talk you out of them. Go for it! Achieve those dreams! We are given the opportunity to live on this earth for such a brief moment in time, we are all meant to be happy, meant to learn things, to enjoy life.
The last thing I want to do is to look back on my life and "wished" I would have done something. The scariest thing about achieving your dreams is taking a chance. Making it happen. It's liberating, fun, but also scary.
You shouldn't let that stop you though.
Random topic change (I am in such a good/chatty mood.. go with it)
It's crazy, I look at the world so differently now. It's like I have a new set of eyes, or like I am seeing it for the first time. I can't explain it. I was talking to a friend about that, she was telling me how its similar to people who have had near death experiences, they literally change. Now, I didn't really have a near death experience, some would say I have looked death in the eyes. I guess I have, I mean, if I gave up on the treatment, it would eventually have shortened my life. But, I wasn't that bad when they found the cancer. I am so happy I didn't put it off longer than I did. I mean, I put off going back to the doctor almost 6 months (NEVER do that.. ) The thought of what "could have" happened makes me shudder. I just can't believe I am almost done with chemo. I found out, the chemo they have been giving me is some of the strongest a person can get. And, that a person can only have so much of it in one lifetime. That's a crazy thought. One of the chemos is known as " The Red Death" or "The Red Devil" nice huh?? I hear it's the worst. But, I think the second one they give me is the worst. I get 4 of them. The first one, Adriamycin (yuck.. Red Death,.. it's literally bright red..) The second one, Bleomycin (my least favorite.. the worst in my opinion) gives me this awful taste in my mouth that lasts for over a week and it makes my teeth hurt (who would have thought.. teeth hurting.. apparently it can rot your teeth... gross huh?? luckily mine aren't rotten!) The third one, Vinblastine.. It's okay, I don't hate it.. I don't feel it affects me very much. And the last one.. Decarbazine (or something like that.. medicines are too long..) It's alright too.. The whole process of injecting my body with this stuff takes 4 to 5 hours.. I'm usually asleep for part of it because they give me an entire syringe full of benadryl (I can taste it when when they put it in my IV) Then, they give me all this other junk like steroids which weigh at least a pound in the bag.. And some anti-nausea stuff. It's weird, I can tell which one is doing what in my body. Okay, just typing those last few sentences makes me feel sick. Seriously, the mind really is a powerful thing. NO matter what, I feel as though I will ALWAYS remember this experience. I know I won't obsess over it, but I also know that a day won't and doesn't go by where I won't think about it. It's a part of who I am. It doesn't define me, it has helped mold me. I know I talk about that a lot, I mainly type it for myself, so that I will remember why I went through this.
So, there you have it. My entire thought process from the last 24 hours. I bet you loved every minute of it.
I'm learning to open up more. It's not easy for me. But, I feel it's important that I do. I have wonderful people who are helping me do this. I should pay you guys, its kind of like what a therapist would do.
Oh and I am going to end with the CUTEST picture ever. This is my guinea pig Cleo!
Well, she died a year and half ago, she lived 7 years!! I just found this picture and it just melted my heart. I would love to have another one someday. I know I would take care of them more than I would a dog. Or, I would love a cat. But, I wouldn't love the smell. So, never mind, this picture will do for now.
Ooooooooh.. It really does just MELT my Heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment