Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Hero

I have a hero. She is 5 years old. She lives in here in KC and is fighting a cancer that is far worse than mine. She has done more chemo than I have, and and will probably have to do it a lot longer than I will. My mom told me about her and showed me an article that was written.

I had a moment yesterday, this journey has been hard, but, its necessary and I know it. I was sitting on the stairs with tears in my eyes telling my mom that I wanted more than anything to be done with my treatments, that I wanted to be back living a normal life again, having a normal body again, and all that jazz, that is when she showed me the article, she said she had been waiting for the right time to tell me about it. This brave little girl sometimes feels the same way that I do. But, her mom always tells her "One more is one less" when it comes to each chemo treatment. That is my 5 year old Hero's mantra, and I have decided to embrace that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment