Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Weird Passion...

Wow. I cannot believe it is a new year. January 1, 2011. Happy Birthday Jimmy Sam!! You are my best friend, my brother (obviously not blood related). You have seen me at my lowest, highest, craziest, funniest, saddest, happiest, etc. You are the one who hears all my exciting stories first! I am proud of you and miss you like Crazzzzyyyyyy....!! Happy 24th Malingshu! (what would a blog post be without a shout out?) Anyway, I never thought it (2011) would get here. Every January 1, I am able to look back a reflect on my life, all the things that have happened the previous years, all the things I have overcome, all the progress I have made. Some years have been better than others, but today as I look back, I feel different. I can't quite explain it, but I do. It's a good different of course.

I always ask myself, "What was I doing a year ago?". I finished Cosmetology School, was prepping for my state boards, figuring out what friendship truly meant, getting ready to start working with my wonderful Rio Family. It's crazy at how fast time has flown by. I'm grateful because the past few months I have allowed myself to slow down and enjoy every moment. I have been able to learn so much about myself, and about others. That is what I love about life, is learning. It's a constant learning process, and I look forward to so many more experiences where I can progress and grow. :)


Now, I was re-reading some old blog posts from the end of 2009/beginning of 2010, and I found one that I absolutely love, for those of you who know me really well, you will remember my weird passion for NASCAR and Cars.... I decided to repost it, in honor of the New Year (though it has nothing to do with it.) Enjoy!

" Toyotas, Scions, Chevrolets.. Oh My!

So I have come to the conclusion that I am obsessed with cars. I'm sure this is not a typical girl interest. I can remember when exactly when this interest was born.

Back in 2007 I started working full time for a lovely NASCAR company. During that time I had just left Victoria's Secret, and was used to being around everything girlie. At first, I really had no desire to learn about Jeff Gordon, Kyle Petty, Monte Carlo Chevrolets, and Ford Mustangs. But, as time progressed, I found that I seemed to absorb all this information about them as if I were a sponge. I soon began to LOVE to learn anything I could about cars. I loved the colors, designs, models, whether or not they were an automatic or a 5 speed.

With this job I was able to see so many different models of not only NASCAR vehicles, but also vintage and sports cars! We used to go to the Rotary Club and see all the beautifully restored cars, sparkling in the light. I loved it! I soon realized that I wanted to drive these beauties too, but there was one problem, the majority of them were 5 speed. So, I decided to take the step, I purchased my very own 5 speed transmission car. I had NO idea how to drive it at the time, but after many trys, I officially learned how to operate a 5 speed transmission vehicle. I was uber stoked! If only my friend would have let me drive his Porsche Boxter....




So there you have it, I should have been a dude."




Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you liked cars! I use to be obsessed with NASCAR (I even met Tony Stewart--one of my favorite memories.) I worked at this hot rod shop for almost 2 years, and I, too, go to the Rotary car shows. My dear, we have more in common then we think. :)

    ReplyDelete